I whipped up a couple circle skirts for Little Foot’s birthday this weekend. I followed the MADE pattern and made a few adjustments of my own.
The only “adjustment” I made was that I didn’t hem the bottom of the skirts and just zigzag stitched the bottom and trimmed with pinking shears instead (I think that’s called a shortcut rather than an adjustment…). I know that the bottom will fray a bit, but I’m okay with that, since these are only designed to last for the summer.
I’m really happy with the way that they turned out. Once I created the pattern, it was really as simple as 1) cut 2) hem 3) attach waistband.
I also finished the duvet cover, which turned out pretty well. I didn’t add the buttons yet, because I didn’t have enough on hand that were the right size, but for now it will work and nobody will notice the difference (I hope).
It’s 42″x60″, so it should fit her for a couple of years until she moves into a twin bed.
I may or may not work up a few more skirts for Little Foot’s birthday, but I’m pretty satisfied with what I’ve made so far. It was just enough of a nudge to get me back into the groove of sewing – an easy project or two that worked up beautifully and caused no stress!